ASLA-MN Advocacy Day 2017
ASLA-MN Advocacy Day
Monday, March 13, 2017
12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Minnesota State Capitol
State Office Building Room 400N
100 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55155
It's not too late to participate in ASLA-MN's 2017 Advocacy Day!
This year's event has been designed to help attendees become familiar with the advocacy process. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Join others as they visit with elected officials
- Sit in on committee hearings (including Legacy Funding; Agriculture and Rural Development; and Job Growth)
- Learn about the advocacy process from a professional lobbyist
- Learn about the Capitol Area Architectural and Planning Board's (CAAPB) Comprehensive Master plan
- Take a tour of the newly renovated Capitol
This is a free event. While appointments have been made for those who pre-registered, you can still participate. Just show up and join in as your schedule permits. We'll be in Room 400N of the State Office Building.
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Box lunch, orientation, Lobbying 101, Capitol Area Architectural and Planning Board, Plugging into the Legislature
1:15 - 5:00 p.m.
Meetings with elected officials
Optional Capitol tour
If you have questions about the event or would like to discuss advocacy issues related to our profession, please contact ASLA-MN Past President Gina Bonsignore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs will be taken throughout the event which may be used in future ASLA and ASLA-MN promotional materials. By virtue of your attendance, you agree to ASLA’s and ASLA-MN’s use of your likeness in said promotional materials.