- Published: 20 March 2017
Minneapolis, MN or Des Moines, IA
ISG is seeking an experienced Urban / Land Use Planner to provide urban planning for municipal and commercial clients, master planning, and urban design services. ISG is a multidisciplinary firm specializing in innovative architecture, engineering, environmental, and planning services. ISG has a rich history, which extends over 40 years, of building trusting relationships while fostering collaboration between the firm’s 12 focus markets and 230+ professionals. This true and responsive expertise ensures superior project completion and an invigorating, empowering environment.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding and application of analyses, mapping, and reports related to urban design and community planning
- Manage and mentor team of staff
- Develop and prepare design documents including design guidelines, maps, reports, comprehensive and local plan packages, and presentation materials
- Review, prepare and implement zoning ordinances and requirements to support projects
- Lead project public engagement workshops and presentations
- Conduct field observations, gather data and research and produce comprehensive, critical analyses from them
- Participate in marketing presentations and client meetings
- Utilize your professional and personal network to develop business
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 8 years of experience working for a public entity or a consultant
- AICP certification or ability to obtain in 6 months required
- A professional degree in urban design or urban planning
- Proficiency in hand sketching and rendering, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, ESRI ArcGIS, and Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication and analytic skills
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects amongst cross-discipline teams with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, SketchUp, Spatial Analyst, and Network Analyst
- Master’s Degree
- Experience writing industry papers and presenting as an expert at conferences
- Knowledge of active transportation principles
Above all else, our team members are expected to have a positive, can-do attitude and be flexible as to job responsibilities. Our environment is fast-paced and we welcome individuals who are capable and interested in being a part of a progressive firm with regional and national-level clients.
For further information about ISG please visit us online at: www.is-grp.com.
Submit resumes to:
Talent Engagement Specialist
115 E. Hickory Street
Mankato, MN 56001
- Published: 09 March 2017
PLANNING DIVISION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
General Position Listing Overview The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB) announces an exciting summer internship opportunity. Three motivated students in design, urban studies, environmental, and recreation programs will be able to work with landscape architects, architects, and recreation professionals in a studio environment. They will help the #1 park system in the nation assess, plan, and manage its 6700-acre network of parks. Primarily responsible for regional park visitor counts, interns will also spend around half their time assisting with projects ranging from park master plans to case study research to community engagement.
- Published: 27 January 2017
Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., a global and leading Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Engineering, and Planning firm, is seeking a summer Landscape Architecture Intern.
Our St. Paul office of12 designers and urban planners work closely with our in-house civil, water resource, and structural engineers and related professions on a daily basis. Whether it's an urban park, innovative urban community, or riverfront brownfield redevelopment, we collaborate to design the spaces that make communities feel like home. Stantec is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers happen. Our highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team specializes in master planning; urban design, park and recreation design; bicycle, pedestrian, and multiuse trails; outdoor sports and athletic facilities; and, transit-oriented development. We connect the people, places, and resources that take a project from concept to reality. Our studios are client-centered, business casual, friendly, but a fast-paced environment to work in.
Interns will be encouraged to develop their skills while supporting our team with new project proposals, existing conditions analysis, concept design, and production of construction documents, project presentation graphics, and construction observation.
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials:
Applicants should be a current student or recent graduate of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Landscape Architecture program. We are seeking somebody with excellent design, graphic, computer, writing, and technical skills, and are self-motivated and passionate about design. The ideal candidate should have strong time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills, and have the ability to work with others, as well as independently. Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, SketchUp and Adobe programs is essential.