ASLA 2013 - Year of Public Service
April is National Landscape Architecture Month!
It’s time to bring your good work to light. Celebrate National Landscape Architecture Month by sharing the good work of our profession. The 2013 Year of Public Service (YPS2013) has been established by the ASLA Public Awareness Campaign to highlight the wide-reaching public-service activities readily performed by landscape architects and to advocate for a higher commitment by all to community service projects. ASLA invites current members to submit documentation of 2013 projects for review by the Public Awareness Campaign to highlight in the campaign’s resources and outreach. Descriptions, quotes and multimedia content may be used – with proper credit – on the YPS2013 website, blog and The Understory Facebook page.
For members who are looking to join a public service project, reach out to our local ASLA-MN Chapter with your ideas, or contact Colleen O'Dell at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can facillitate connecting you to likeminded members to get a project started and recognized. For example, ASLA and the National Park Service Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program have augmented their ongoing collaborative partnership to celebrate ASLA’s Year of Public Service. Under this partnership, ASLA’s local chapters can volunteer in their communities to help NPS RTCA by providing technical assistance for such outdoor resources as trails, bike paths, and other recreational facilities targeted for support in 2013. You can also act on your own to help a project. Review those identified for 2013 here.
- Fritz Haeg Edible Estate - Volunteers needed
- City of Minneapolis | Minneapolis Downtown Council, Nicollet Mall RFP
- City of Eden Prairie Green, Mid-Market Neighborhood Development RFP
- National HIA Meeting Scholarships
- Water Works RFP
- Coon Rapids Home for Generations
ASLA's "The Dirt"
- 05/22 Neighborhoods, USA 2013 Annual Conference
- 06/22-23 Twin Cities Pond and Landscape Tour
- 06/04 Complete Streets Seminar
- 06/05 Stormwater Reuse Workshop I – Planning
- 06/11 Stormwater Reuse Workshop II – Implementation
- 06/13 Up by the Roots by James Urban
- 06/14 Agrecol & Envirolok Open House & Field Day
- 06/26 Stormwater Reuse Workshop III – Tour
- 07/21-24 2013 Nature Explore/Outdoor Classroom Project Leadership Institute
- 08/20 Golf - All Skill Levels Welcome!
Landscape Structures - Stimulate the Senses with Pulse™Read More...
Water Works RFP ReleasedRead More...
Bachman's Wholesale Introduces Our New Outside Sales RepresentativeRead More...
Fritz Haeg's Edible Estate #15 - Search for Minneapolis-St. Paul outer suburban front lawnRead More...
Hedberg Introduces New Farmington Branch ManagerRead More...