- Minneapolis Retains Title as Nation’s Best Park System on The Trust for Public Land’s 2014 ParkScore® Index
- Dr. Laura Musacchio, ASLA - Guest Editor of Special Issue of the International Scientific Journal Landscape Ecology
- Sensible Land Use Coalition (SLUC) Great Places Initiative 2014 Nominations Due August 8
- UMN Ecological Restoration Online Courses
- MnDOT's Statewide Pedestrian System Plan
Each month, to continue this year’s theme of Engage, a member of ASLA-MN in good standing will be selected and featured in our new member recognition program ‘Branching Out’. The objective of this program is to recognize members and share their story with fellow professionals. In exchange for sharing their story, the ’Branching Out’ member participant will receive two passes to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and a copy of the ASLA-MN publication ‘Valued Places.’
Thank you to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for their donation of passes!
June's Branching Out member is Jesse Symynkywicz! Read his interview here!
The practice of landscape architecture is an engaging art – for all of our senses, our creativity, our intellect and our passions. Equally engaging is the call to share the best of our profession with others. In 2014, ASLA-MN invites you to celebrate our theme of “Engage in the Future - Step Up, Reach Out and Create Change."
This year, consider mentoring young talent, advancing landscape architecture education, or improving our communities to create positive changes in the way we live. Take the lead in creating a shared future that is ecologically robust, aesthetically powerful, and socially dynamic. Join with us to participate, educate, and advocate collectively, to engage a stronger future for those in our profession and beyond. How will you engage in 2014?
Tell us and we will share your story on the "Engage" page of the ASLA-MN website and in our electronic newsletter. Click here to submit: https://aslamn.wufoo.com/forms/share-your-initiatives/